Sunday, August 12, 2012

Filled Under:

ITs NOT TIME TO PANIC . . . YET

Over the past couple of days I've recieved several emails regarding the reports on the US military developing war plans against civil insurrection:



The Civil War of 2016: U.S. military officers are told to plan to fight Americans


That big fat guy in the back is the stick pusher.


Army Tactical Manuals Describe How to Control Domestic Insurrection


Several bloggers have presented this information with predictable alarmist themes, that the Federal Government is planning martial law, etcetera.

First of all I'd like to point out that there is nothing new about the US military planning for civil disturbance training - we did it in the 82D Airborne, where we were told that one of the 82D's missions was the Federal Government's go-to unit for such missions. This training was accompanied by mandatory classes in the Law of Land Warfare, and historical examples of when Federal troops had deployed to domestic situations; such as the Cuban immigrant riots at Fort Indiantown Gap, PA following the Mariel boatlift crisis of 1980 and the Detroit riots of 1968. A platoon sergeant who was a Vietnam veteran explained to me that compared to the riot action he saw in Detroit, Vietnam was a Sunday School picnic.

While the Insurrection Act of 1807 authorizes the President of the United States to deploy Federal troops to fight an insurrection in any state against the government, local governments and law enforcement agencies are constrained in using federal military personnel to enforce the laws of the land by the Posse Comitatus Act - 18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152 - passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction. Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) requires that any authority to do so must exist with the United States Constitution or Act of Congress. In this way, most use of the Army and the Air Force at the direction of the President does not offend the statute, even though it may be problematic for political reasons.


Comment & Analysis

I have a Gadsden flag on the back of my car - right next to the Stars & Stripes. In May of 1986 I took the Naturalization Oath of Allegiance at the ceremony where I became a Citizen of the United States; this was three years after I first took the US Military Oath of Enlistment in which I swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I love the United States Constitution; I think it's one of the most sublime documents ever written by Man, especially the 2d Amendment, which guarantees the rest of the Bill of Rights. I carry two guns with me everywhere I go - legally - and if you ever visit my house, be aware that Wife TigerLily has a 12-guage shotgun within easy reach; ready to rack one in the chamber and rock and roll.

Having said all that, the above does not make me a survivalist freak or some kind of militia nutjob. I believe in the Rule of Law and frankly I am glad that the US military has a plan for domestic insurrection. Quite honestly I am surprised that the Occupy movement has fizzled - I suspect that the Democrats quietly pulled the plug on what they originally viewed as a grassroots counterweight to the TEA Party movement. This political season is turning out to be a lot quieter than what I anticipated, and as a TEA Party follower and supporter, I do not imagine Federal troops or law enforcement of any kind being required to attend to our legal & peaceful assemblies.

It is unfortunate that the military, in its planning model chose a fictional TEA Party -inspired militia movement. This just reflects the politically-correct mindedness of the numbnuts officers they have writing their scenarios; products of their environment. To date, the only frustration the TEA Party has provided the current occupiers of the Whitehouse and their willing minions in Congress is the fact that we are law-abiding and courteous in our conduct. Compare this to the filth and rape tents of the Occupy movement, or the thuggish tactics and savagery of recent trade union demonstrations in Washington DC and Wisconsin.

In other words; it's not time to panic, yet. When it comes time to panic, I will let you know. At that time I will say, "You, you and you: PANIC! The rest of you, come with me . . ."


"That's my story and I'm sticking to it"


- STORMBRINGER SENDS




0 comments:

Post a Comment